A Garment A Week – Week 40 – 07/10/16
I’m becoming such a slacker at getting my photos online! lol but I am still getting my garments made. Still in costume mode and will be for the next few weeks, so I cheated a little and made a Tshirt from my own pattern, drafted a few years ago.
I look terribly tired! lol
The fabric is a slinky feel light 2-way stretch knit. It was a small piece, only 60cm by 110cm. It was in the box of fabric and teddy bear patterns I found at the second hand shop this week. Such an amazing find, Teddy Bear joints and patterns, along with a few very cool pieces of vintage and modern fabrics. I was very lucky to find it.
The T-shirt is really nice and light for summer. I do need to adjust the pattern slightly and drop the armholes just 1cm or so but otherwise this is one of my favourite patterns. This is the third version I’ve made.
The back panel on this top is cut all in one, another version of this pattern is my black sequin top that made an appearance during Me Made May, it has a strip of black sequin fabric across the back shoulders and black knit everywhere else. And I have another one cut from a scrappy piece of fabric where the front is cut full but the back is cut into three panels.
The neckline is finished with invisible binding and the sleeves and waist are finished by a doubled over band. Aside from the neck all seams are done on the overlocker (serger) so the seams will stretch with the fabric.
The front panel is also around an inch wider each side and gathered at the shoulder to allow for more room in the bust, not needed in the back.
A great addition to my ‘Me Made’ everyday wardrobe 🙂
Costume update pics are on my instagram @stitchremedy and I’ll definitely write up detailed posts on here once they’re all finished.